Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing gps/navigation system in sv6 ute

Nodderz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE UTE
Hey guys!
I Was just curious if its possible to install one? Im new here and to most of yous the answer is probably obvious, but yeah just thought id ask!
This is a photo of the current interior i have.
Holden-VE_Commodore_SV6-2006-1600-0e.jpg

This is a photo of the system i would like to install.
images.jpg

Thanks!

Craigo8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E1 Senator Signature
Hey guys!
I Was just curious if its possible to install one? Im new here and to most of yous the answer is probably obvious, but yeah just thought id ask!
This is a photo of the current interior i have.
View attachment 162409

This is a photo of the system i would like to install.
View attachment 162410

Thanks!

Hey Mate
First up welcome,second that's what this forum is for.Pic is blurry but I am pretty sure that it's been done by a regular guy to this forum.Most guys buy head unit & trim from eBay then forum dude wires it up.It is complicated & expensive so ya really have to be sure about it.Sorry cant think of name of Auto Elec that wires it up but he is very good.Maybe look through previous posts for info.
Hope this helps
Yeah mate kit is done by JHP.In search type in VE IQ System into Series 1 & you will find the answers there

Last edited:

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
I have completed this conversion, and a couple of other members on here as well.

Wiring up is simple enough (Though you can get Series I to Series II conversion wiring kits to make things easier).
The hardest part is programming the IQ unit to work with your car. (You will need the VIN number of your car programmed to the IQ unit to get it working)

A member on here DoubleDip from Ultimate Conversion Wiring can supply the wiring adaptor, the IQ unit, and most importantly the programming to get it all running.
(Though if you source the IQ unit and triim bits yourself, you can still get DoubleDip to program theIQ unit for you).

Also if you want Sat Nav, you may want to upgrade your cluster to a series II model later down the track (as the Sat Nav, traffic and speed alerts will not function correctly on a Series I cluster).
This is my install (Its changed a little bit since this pic, as I have fitted a Series II cluster since this)

image.php

DoubleDip programmed both the IQ unit, and the new cluster to work together, with my cars VIN number (As well as enabled the camera, Video Inputs, and some other fun stuff).

I hope this helps

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Most people like to see the before pic, to give them a quick idea of what is involved...

image.php

And my (almost) original interior before the IQ install

image.php