Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing head unit - CV8Z Monaro

Jimako87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8Z
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at getting an after market HU (Pioneer AVIC-F40BT in particular), I know there's a harness available to keep my steering wheel controls working.
My issue is, will I lose my stock subwoofers in the back? I'm not sure exactly what they are, 8" maybe?
Also can someone actually confirm what the Monaro CV8Z comes with as standard speaker system?

Thanks in advance.
James.

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
I would look up some sort of manual because that will tell you for sure what pins do what in the plug from the headunit to your adapter BUT most have 8 pins for the speakers being front left + right, back left + right positive and negatives. Anything else you would run off an amp through the new h/u pre-outs. I am speaking only from doing my own sv6 audio install with 6 speakers standard not 8 if you have subs. I don't exactly know how the subs are wired but most likely off a small amp.

However definatly get the steering wheel control adapter, I regret not spending the extra $80 to do it on mine