Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing LEDs into Commodore 1996 VS

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I want to intall LED strips in either the front door storage areas or the front footwells, I kind of want to do the first as everyone puts them in their footwells. Just wondering though is there a interior light wire on the doors I can tap into, because I dont want to have to run a wire from the care body to the door, would be nicer if there was one in the door already. Or If there is none in the door then is there an accessory wire which I can use, plus I will have to install a switch, seeing as they would come on everytime i turned my car on. Or if that all fails I would have to just go with the footwells as I know plenty of wires are there fro interior lighting or accessory.

Thanks in advance :)

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Actually rethinking my planing, has anyone seen a VS Calias, it has a single green LED in each footwell, I think I might do that same as the precut holes are already there I just need some wires to connect the 12V Green LED to, Im sure there are plenty in unused looms that I can tap into for some interior lighting. Plus doing this I only have to buy 2 single LEDs which are like $2 each. Any thoguhts on any problems i might have?

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Unused Looms

If anyone answers my question I ahve found 2 unused looms near my glove box. Can I use anyof these to power my LED? The black I assume you connect to the negative as it is the ground wire.

Attachments

• Pic_0103_064.jpg
    Pic_0103_064.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Pic_0103_065.jpg
    Pic_0103_065.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 241

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
hey mate, yea u cn use unused looms, i cut into my headunit when i wired up my neons, just put a switch in the positive wiring so when i turn the car on, power goes to the head unit / my neon switch, flick the switch and tada. It is possible to run wiring from your roof light to the doors, just needa splice into the pos and neg of it and then tape it up again.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Yeha i have done it the passenger side is fine but having trouble with the drivers side, need to find suitable ground wire, i thought attaching the neg wire to the chasis would be a good enough ground but that didnt work, so yeah ill have a try tomorrow.