Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing lowered springs

Tony2

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the rear springs on a VS S ute themselves? I can get my hands on a spring compressor but is it a piece of cake to do or is it worth paying $60 to get the suspension place to do it? I bought the ute with lowered king springs already in it but I want to raise the rear just a little bit because at the moment its sitting on the bump stops and it make the ride a bone shaker.

brock

Reaction score
I had the same prob

My ute had sedan springs in the back so it had no load capabilities

Its a piece of cake to change to springs

LIft the back of the ute with stands to be safe and put a jack under the diff on the side you want to change the first spring.

undo the bolt at the bottom of the shock and remove so the shock is hanging by the top

then its a case of lowering your jack and the spring pops out once you have lowered the diff enough. no spring compressors needed.

put the $60 in your pocket

Barbwire

Reaction score
it'll be much easier if you dont jack it by the diff.. hav no force on the springs at all take wheel off undo the bottom of the shock slide the spring off and put the new 1 on then just carfully lower the ute making sure the spring stays in place