Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Mesh on VX S-Pack Kit

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Well i took my car through one of those auto car washes on the weekend (the brushless one)

Anyway my mesh on the front came unstuck at the bottom only glued on with a hot glue gun so i guessing thats not the best stuff to use so i then used some silcone but that has also let go..

So my question is does any body know what else i can use as i dont wanna drill holes in the bottom of the bar and attach it that way

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Drilling is seriously the best way.. If you drill tiny holes and paint over the screw heads, it's not noticable.. At all..

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah i think shounak is on the ball, drill it with small head screws and then if u really want plait the heads to match ur paint...
I don;t think too many people are gonna be looking inside the opening and pointing the screws out to you...
Its drastic....but the proper way to do it...
im gonna do that if my mesh comes off...

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Shounak said:
Drilling is seriously the best way.. If you drill tiny holes and paint over the screw heads, it's not noticable.. At all..

Thats what i was thinking would be the best way mite attack it tomoz nite i think already had the bar off twice so third time lucky :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
BOGANV8 said:
Well i took my car through one of those auto car washes on the weekend (the brushless one)

Anyway my mesh on the front came unstuck at the bottom only glued on with a hot glue gun so i guessing thats not the best stuff to use so i then used some silcone but that has also let go..

So my question is does any body know what else i can use as i dont wanna drill holes in the bottom of the bar and attach it that way

y not use some 2 pac resin that fibre glass ppl use??? im sure a panel beater would b able 2 advice u on wat they use or a boat bulider even

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
never thought of that there is a smash repairs across the road from me at work so maybe time to visit them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Black mesh on Heron white:thumbsup: