Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Monaro/HSV/Commodore Racing Pedals

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Installing Monaro/HSV Racing Pedals

Hey guys,

Just wondering if I will have much (if any) trouble installing the Monaro/HSV Racing Pedals on my AUTO 2004 VY SeriesII Executive? Like the ones seen here - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...60009580155&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Have been told they should slot right in and take 1-2hrs - need to basically remove the old footrest and replace the whole part, the Accel and Brake pedals should bolt right on? No need for different wiring etc?

Also, in regards to Insurance and Legality, I have been told that putting these into Commodores where they are not installed stock may cause some problems with Insurance or something? I was planning to do it myself but don't want to be not covered by Insurance either. If that was the case, would taking them to a Certified Holden Dealer and getting them to install it be a different matter?

Any help appreciated.

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
I installed them in mine with minimal drama's. The footrest will need to be removed - drilling will be required. The accelerator, brake pedal and clutch (if applicable) slip onto the levers. The existing pads will need to be removed. It is self explanitory once you receive them, and instructions should be printed on the back. As for the insurance - I've never heard of what you are refering to... They are a genuine accessory for that model - so it shouldn't be a problem provided they are installed correctly. I don't think the presence of footpedals would influence a crook's decision to steal your car anyway - knock on wood.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
There was no need for drilling when I installed my footrest- unscrewed one and replaced it with the other. Take note of the brake/clutch pads when you take them off, I think the top lip has notches cut out of the corners to help you lever it over the pedal base (I used a screwdriver).

The accelerator took the longest, as I removed the assembly to get easier access to the hinge pin, which needed to be knocked out.

There was nothing difficult about it although the accelerator was a bit fiddly.

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Thanks for the replys guys.

Yeah exactly what I thought - they are genuine accessories made for the model so there's no drama installing them, just someone asked me it may be the case (but its obviously not). Just wanted clarification.

As for installing yeah shouldnt be too much drama - fiddley or not it's worth the hour or so to install them. :)