Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing new cluster

jasondawson1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Series 2 Executive
hey guys!
i was just wondering if i would be able to put a hsv vy senator cluster into a vy v6 with out any problems? Because i have swapped all the interior from a wrecked senator into my vy v6 including dash and all and now i have a the cluster but wasn't sure if it would work in my v6

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
You may well need it programmed to suit your car. Air bags, climate control, tranny, diff and wheel size all come into it. Contact Phreddy on JC's for some advise on programming the cluster.

If you plug it in and the number of air bags is different - it will spit out a code and chime every time you start the car.

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Not between those Models, Complete different designs...

If you have changed the complete interior, I assume you are using VY HSV wiring to suit all the other stuff so what cluster are you using now? I also assume you are using the VY HSV BCM as it controls allot of that and links to the cluster...

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
also, Dr.BOB at memcals.com can set it up for you too. he charges $150.00. you will have to send him both dashes, one for him to download the info from the old dash and put it on the new dash.
He is highly recommended, but can take up to 5business days. Email him from his website to see if he actually needs both dashes or he can do it with just the HSV dash.