Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] Installing pod filter problem

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
more then just the MAF does fueling, there is VE/VVE (speed density or volumetric efficiency) and GM use that blended with MAF up to about 4000rpm, this means that the maf is preferred when there is a more steady flow of air and SD is preferred when there are decent throttle movements up to the 4000rpm, above that there is enough flow that the MAF is reliable so it is preferred more so but still SD can be used, or some like my cruze turbo ecu GM has the blending all the way to redline, changing anything intake/exhaust does change fueling to either small or large degree
So really in a perfect world, a tune for anything changing the intake of air should be tuned to suit?

After I sort out a few things, a tune is on the cards. But also keeping an eye out for someone that wants to sit and tune it for a few days, not just upload an average joe tune.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yes in reality any change in intake and or exhaust will change fueling a little but mostly the trims will take care of it unless the mods are huge, if the intake stays the same but exhaust is adjusted then the maf will still read right but the SD may be out a little, soon as intake is touched both are out that little bit which is why it causes some codes in the LS from the SD to MAF airflow is too different from each other, mostly trims will take care of it but a tune is always better when its doing less correcting for its own errors

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
yes in reality any change in intake and or exhaust will change fueling a little but mostly the trims will take care of it unless the mods are huge, if the intake stays the same but exhaust is adjusted then the maf will still read right but the SD may be out a little, soon as intake is touched both are out that little bit which is why it causes some codes in the LS from the SD to MAF airflow is too different from each other, mostly trims will take care of it but a tune is always better when its doing less correcting for its own errors
I haven't done anything apart from change the plastic resonator out for silicone tubing. I will be however installing 12mm insulators when I pull the top end off and give it a freshen up.

thumbnail_image4.jpg