Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] Installing pod filter problem

River220

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ utility V6 3.6L alloytec 175kw commdore
Hey I've just tried putting a CAI pod filter and box on my VZ 3.6L ute but it isn't running right it's acceleration is jumpy from sluggish to accelerating fast and not running right does anyone know why?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Probably too lean.

River220

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ utility V6 3.6L alloytec 175kw commdore
Ok to much air flow it could be I guess

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Throw that stupid thing away and put the proper original air cleaner etc back on it.
Car was built for that and tuned for that.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the MAF is tuned for the intake it is in, if the intake is changed at all then the maf is out of calibration, the maf dosnt tell the ecu what is flowing thru it

Silver07ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6L Omega
Hey I've just tried putting a CAI pod filter and box on my VZ 3.6L ute but it isn't running right it's acceleration is jumpy from sluggish to accelerating fast and not running right does anyone know why?
The MAF isn’t keeping up with the air coming in and isn’t tuned for that, you could go get it tuned but you could also just put the stock one back on and it should be fine

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Is it actually a proper cold air intake or did you just put a pod filter on it?
Curious, since I know you are very knowledgeable, I kept the original air box, but have swapped the plastic resonator intake with 4" silicone tubing. MAF in the same spot as before since it hangs off the airbox, it shouldn't worry me though hey?

I have had it like this for close to a year now and if anything has just improved the throttle response.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Curious, since I know you are very knowledgeable, I kept the original air box, but have swapped the plastic resonator intake with 4" silicone tubing. MAF in the same spot as before since it hangs off the airbox, it shouldn't worry me though hey?

I have had it like this for close to a year now and if anything has just improved the throttle response.
nah you should be fine there.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
more then just the MAF does fueling, there is VE/VVE (speed density or volumetric efficiency) and GM use that blended with MAF up to about 4000rpm, this means that the maf is preferred when there is a more steady flow of air and SD is preferred when there are decent throttle movements up to the 4000rpm, above that there is enough flow that the MAF is reliable so it is preferred more so but still SD can be used, or some like my cruze turbo ecu GM has the blending all the way to redline, changing anything intake/exhaust does change fueling to either small or large degree