Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Power Windows in rear seats of a 2004 VYII (Sedan)

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Hey Guys, first post on here so bare with me!

Im looking to install power windows in the back of my car (there is already power and switches in the front)
I know that I need the 'Wiring Looms' and a LHS & RHS back window electric regulator. I think I've seen the regulators for sale on some websites, although I've never seen a wiring loom. SO!

Has anyone else here had to do this? (Install power windows in rear windows for back seat passengers)
Did you get it done by someone?
Cost range? $0-?

Cheers People

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
The wiring loom is apart of the the whole door loom so you cant just buy the 'power windows loom' cause it will apart of the same loom for central locking, speakers etc. Now to my way of thinking, Holden wouldnt make separate looms for sedans with power windows/non power windows PLUS half/half mix. So you may be lucky and already have the wiring > only one way to check pull the door trim off and have a look.

BakeTheTank

Phreddy-ed UP!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series II
Ah ok, I never really understood the word 'Loom' I dont really know where to start, but i definitly want power windows in the back, if its gonna be >$500.

So are the wires labeled? how will I know whether the wire is infact for windows?

Cheers