Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing reverse sensors??

josh.meaden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore acclaim
Hi all,
I drive a vy accliam atm, and have recently bought vy calais II lights. for these to fit i have a few options. vy berlina/acclaim bar (which includes reverse sensor holes) or vz exec/acclaim bar which doesnt.

At first i was thinking the vz rear bar because it doesnt have ugly holes in it. but thinking abotu it more, i think the reflector on the vy calais bar looks good, and sensors may come in handy..

does anyone know costs involved in installing the sensors? or their opinions on the situation..
cheers

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi Josh

I fitted the factory kit to my Berlina a few months back. The kit was about $350 trade but is about $500 full price. It is very expensive compared to some of the aftermarket Chinese kits around on E-bay and elsewhere, but has the advantage of straight plug in with no wire cutting, and has a comprehensive template kit to show where to drill the holes.

I reckon it was money well spent and makes parking much easier.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Hi Josh

I fitted the factory kit to my Berlina a few months back. The kit was about $350 trade but is about $500 full price. It is very expensive compared to some of the aftermarket Chinese kits around on E-bay and elsewhere, but has the advantage of straight plug in with no wire cutting, and has a comprehensive template kit to show where to drill the holes.

I reckon it was money well spent and makes parking much easier.

Same, got mine trade price so it wasn't too bad but they're soooo handy when backing into parks. Plus the missus gave them the thumbs up, bonus!:yeah: