Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing sound system

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
Another thing to remember (however obvious it is) is to attack it in steps... For example work on chucking in rear speakers only and once they're installed and wiring is ready, work on fronts only. Don't try and confuse yourself by handling everything in you mind at once. With this said, you do need a basic understanding to begin with so you know what goes where (i.e. if you didn't know speaker wire ran from the speakers to the amplifier then you might go do something silly and run it from the rear speakers back to the headunit).

This was probably a completely unhelpful comment, but thought i'd add it anyway.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Damn mate if you were in Brisbane I'd spend a day helping you out with it in exchange for a carton.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Brycestro said:
Another thing to remember (however obvious it is) is to attack it in steps... For example work on chucking in rear speakers only and once they're installed and wiring is ready, work on fronts only. Don't try and confuse yourself by handling everything in you mind at once. With this said, you do need a basic understanding to begin with so you know what goes where (i.e. if you didn't know speaker wire ran from the speakers to the amplifier then you might go do something silly and run it from the rear speakers back to the headunit).

This was probably a completely unhelpful comment, but thought i'd add it anyway.
just dont buy your system in bits! you will over spend on one component and then have only the money for a 1/2 decent component next! its very important to remember this. i know a fair few people who have wasted money on a h/u and skimped on speakers.it should be the other way around!

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
yup i'll second what garfa said, as far as choosing equipment try and get a good idea of what you want and how your going to allocate the money from the start. I know my budget has been blown way out for the stereo. Always remember to factor in the cost of wiring/connections and any other materials you may need as well (MDF, carpet, glues, any tools etc).