Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing subs to a VN S...

S

Spiral

I'm looking at installing 2 x 10 inch subs and an amp to my VN S. I don't want to replace the original head unit and I have been told that the original head unit doesn't have the RCA outs on the back. The way to get around this is to use an inline convertor (?) or something similar however the sound quality is diminished because of this.

Has anyone else done something similar to this or do I realistically need to replace the head unit as well as install the subs and amp? (I really don't want to though)

A little advise would be warmly welcome.
Cheers.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
For the best sound quality id purchase a quality head unit and amps etc

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
If you mean the original factory head unit then I highly reccomend you rethink this!

It has .5volt output, and about 2watts a channel! Very little to no bass control not to mention no outputs.

Even if you did get a fader to run the subs, the amp would be sitting there underpowered wondering what sort of a signal you are feeding it.

With your set up, 2x 10" subs will give you less bass perforamnce than a set of high powered 6x9s running off a decent amp.

Let us know what you think.

Cheers Paul.

S

Spiral

You know what... I'm a complete dick! ~LOL~ I put VN in the title of the original message when I should have put VY. Sorry about that... I guess I've been in the VN for so long it's a hard habit to break.

God I'm a dick!

Alrighty, so the same question, but apply it to a VY S.

Geezus, it's Monday after all.

Cheers,
and so sorry.