Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing VF seats in Ve - Wiring diagrams

tony ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
HI
Will be replacing my ve commodore seats with those from a vf. The wiring looms and connectors are different. Would like to rewire the vf seats with the ve harness so they can just plug into the existing ones. Can anyone assist with copies of right and left seat wiring diagrams.
Appreciate any assistance

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
HI
Will be replacing my ve commodore seats with those from a vf. The wiring looms and connectors are different. Would like to rewire the vf seats with the ve harness so they can just plug into the existing ones. Can anyone assist with copies of right and left seat wiring diagrams.
Appreciate any assistance
I’m not versed in seat replacement but I’m pretty sure your going to need to be specific as to what model the VE is and what model the VF seats are. Are they fully electric seats out of an upper spec model or just standard seats with only airbag and lower seat base adjustment?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Wiring Electric seats.jpeg
Wiring Diagrams Power seats. VF models.png

tony ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Thanks Anthony.
Much appreciated
Regards

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Im
Pretty sure it can be done by swapping the foams and covers over to your VE frames and just plug it all back in.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im
Pretty sure it can be done by swapping the foams and covers over to your VE frames and just plug it all back in.
The seats have different frames especially the bottom seat assembly. The VF changed to the GM seat type and the VE were Holdens design.

tony ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
Yea . someone else has also suggested that. Not sure I want to go down that path. I had already modified the VF rails but now want to changeover/ modify ALL existing VF seat wiring ( air bags etc) and adapt them to the existing VE plugs.
That is why I am looking for a complete seat wiring diagram ( air bags, switches etc) for both the VF and VE
Appreciate all your assistance

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I know the rails have a difference but I’m not talking about that. looking at the two frames minus the foam, I can’t see a difference. They even share part numbers for some bits. Seat back trim is one example.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know the rails have a difference but I’m not talking about that. looking at the two frames minus the foam, I can’t see a difference. They even share part numbers for some bits. Seat back trim is one example.
The bottom tilt/height adjustment works differently on the VF compared to the VE. The front of the seat lifts on the VF compared to the VE.

VE seat
BOLT;DRIVER SEAT TO FLOOR - GMH (speedspares.net)

VF seat bottom
Holden VF Right Front Base Seat Track 8 Way Sedan / Wagon GMH (holmart.com.au)

Last edited: