Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing Vz binnacle - help? wire not there

sexytime1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
Hey I was told that if you remove the climate control there should be a fourth wire for the binnacle - refer to photos. But I cant find it, is it hidden somewhere? any help?? VZ v8 thunder with climate control IMG_2896.jpgIMG_2897.jpg

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Have to use the wiring that came with the gauges, some cars have the standard wiring there and others dont

macca234

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS 6L
I'm in the same boat... I was assured by the guy I bought them off that all models of vz with climate control have the wire for them. Not so. Unless it's hidden somewhere really well

Apparently you can wire it in through the dash cluster somehow... any help would be great. The gauges I have didn't come with any wiring, just a plug on the back

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
v6

v8

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
guage install

View attachment Binnacle Gauges Fitting Instruction for VY&VZ.zip maybe this might help you
if you are looking for power(volts when engine run) lighting for gauge, and a ground/earth wire, you can use the 3 pin smokers pack connection plug, usually down near the bottom rhs of console ( or side ) looks like it in pic 2)just use a testlamp/multimeter and check when you turn ignition on this for voltmeter, check for voltage when lights on (be careful if you have auto lights) and in a dark spot this could bring them on and confuse you which is light and power (happened to another member on here!!!!) all you have to do then is run wire from sender to guage (once you have run your short wires up to you guage point)

Last edited:

macca234

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS 6L
Those instructions would be great if my "genuine" gauges came with any wiring at all. Just an empty plug on the back is all I have got

Looks like this: (sorry for shitty picture)
attachment.php

Matt1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais
Did anyone figure out where to get the harness for the binnacle. I heard the same there is meant to be a harness behind the cc

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Might have to buy the harness from holden or even go to a auto shop and see if you can match the plug in the back to make your own harness to make it work..

Matt1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais
To easy does anyone have instructions on how to wire the binnacle up?