Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing your new memcal in your VN - VS Commodore (V6 & V8)

elteng

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP SS
It's basically stock so maybe putting that on first maybe shocked it abit lol. It didn't mention anything about requirements that prevented me from getting it, so I thought it would be good.

elteng

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP SS
I just went over the products notes and whatever information it has, this is my own fault. I still need to get it tuned by someone because would normally do custom chips but there only supplying basic boards that cover bolt ons only.

Attachments

• Snapchat-67240327.jpg
    Snapchat-67240327.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 51

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Unless you have a cam the standard Mace tune is supposed to do the job. The issue will be the tune itself. Like I said send it back and find a decent tuner.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Unless you have a cam the standard Mace tune is supposed to do the job. The issue will be the tune itself. Like I said send it back and find a decent tuner.
****, I am worried then. Purchased a memcal the other week but haven’t put it in the car yet as I’m modifying the car next year as it is not running right ATM.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
So what’s the issue with producing the tune then? Aren’t they already pre determined for basic bolt ons (tried and tested) and then simply applied to the chip?

elteng

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VP SS
It must still need a tune probably to whatever your car has but nothing to over the top.

Last edited: