Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

instrument cluster

binghy

Matty 038
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Equipe Series 2
Hi all i tried changing the instrument in my VY Equipe and when i turned the ignition on it bought up an airbag code does anyone now why?
Cheers Matt

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
What type of cluster did u try installing? You'll have to get it reprogrammed before it gets installed.

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
if the cluster was from another vy with different amount of airbags, then the SRS airbag fault will code.

tech 2 can remove it

binghy

Matty 038
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Equipe Series 2
it was out of a series 1 and mine is a series 2 do u know anyone in adelaide besdies holden the dirty dogs charged me $65 to remove the fault.
Cheers Matt

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Normally you have to inform the BCM of the new/secondhand cluster via Tech2 and while there, remove any error codes, ie Airbag, displays reset odometer mismatch in BCM. Also keep in mind that you will not be able to change the odometer reading to the the car original reading as that's hard stored in the cluster it's self and inturn you have an obligation to inform the next buyer (if any) that the cluster is not original. You will find also that your fuel gauge will work in reverse. Due to the difference's in the S1 and S2 clusters.

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
You will find also that your fuel gauge will work in reverse. Due to the difference's in the S1 and S2 clusters.
Hmmm...that's interesting, I put a brand new cluster in my VY series 1. Due to the dealer service dept. giving me the wrong part number to order I ended up with a later type cluster. Got dealer to program new cluster in and fuel gauge works although nowhere near accurate. Is it possible they did something with the tech2 to reverse it? Or maybe the new cluster is just a later series 1 type?
What is so hard about calibrating the fuel gauge too, they have had several goes at it already.

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I guess you may find that you might of picked up a S1 car at or on the change over build date i.e leading onto the S2 family, hence it's working as the loom and sensor are S2?... maybe... Normally nothing hard about it as I think all that happens they select the model and then the tank size. One noticeable difference is the plug it's self, one's green and the other purple I think (I can't really remember to be honest) One thing I do remember is that the difference's between the two are both how they read and the there's difference in resistance.

Do you find that Distance to Empty and other digital readout to in-accurate? I would think that you should be able to take it back and in-fact get the right cluster.. I guess it's how hard you push as after all you did go through them in purchasing and installation?

red truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY one tonner / gen3 / 6speed
Thanks caaf, I'm kind of over it and probably won't chase it up any further.
Getting sick of the "yeah drop it off at 7.30 and maybe we'll get to it today" run around.
I should have mentioned it's a one tonner. Every time i try to order parts there is always some confusion as to what part is correct, even with the VIN. Seems Holdens parts system has "quirks"

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
Right oh.. I'm here to help or make you more confused and it looks like I've done both :p (mind it doesn't help that I'm always confused)