Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instruments not working

James Eastley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute
Help needed..
Just purchased a VE SS UTE and the instruments are not working.
No.... speedo,tacho,fuel guage,temp guage
Where do i start please

Reaction score
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
Members Ride
VEII SV6
Considering practically all your gauges are out, my first step would be to remove the instrument cluster. Just have a checkers at the connections, make sure they're not oxidised and that the plug is in good condition. Give the connections a good clean, plug it back in and see how you go. I highly doubt there would be multiple failures in the separate input systems, so if there's nothing wrong with the wiring then the next step would be to replace the instrument cluster.

Reaction score
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
Members Ride
VEII SV6
Or check/replace the fuse?
Does it even have a fuse? I can't remember and my commodore is alllll the way out in my driveway to go and check... Replacing it may fix the instrument cluster briefly but it wouldn't solve what caused the fuse to break in the first place. It will just keep breaking again and again.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the dash can shut down for safety if the alternator is over charging, they can get spikes also so if u disconnect the battery and wait a while then reconnect and its all good its prob just got a spike and it may or may not do it again if the problem is still there