Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance claims

Brittennn

white trash not included.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 (not arrived yet)
Hey all im Jake and im new to this forum.

i was just wondering if anyone has had trouble making a claim due to mods on your VZ like tinting, rims and being lowered etc.?

im looking to mod my car and am trying to do some research first.

cheers guys.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
my car is too low and too loud but i have made a claim and nothing was said. The insurance company inspected the car and nothing was said.

However, IF your claim is a result of one of your mods, for example your car was so low it bottomed out and you crashed, then they could possibly say that your insurance is void.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
As long as you tell them about it and its all legal, then you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Yeh just make sure your mods are legal and they are listed in the policy. Sometimes you tell them over the phone all your mods then when you get the policy it won't have the mod listed, I like to be extra cautious and make them send out a new one with every little thing listed. Just get it all in writing to cover your arse.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
As said, just make sure your mods are legal, just dont go stupid with massive wheels and lower it onto the bump stops n stuff. And make sure you tell your insurance company. But beware if you do somthing that may require an engineers certificate, then you will need to get one as your insurer will state your mod on the policy but will not ask for any certificates until you have a claim and if you dont have them, then it could be bad news.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
When i made a claim,I got told by the insurance company rep when he was inspecting the car that he didnt really care about the mods i had because i wasnt at fault.

But if i was at fault he said it wouldve been a different & probably not so happy outcome for me.

But at the end of the day it can probably be at the reps discression whether he/she honors the claim.

So best set would be as said above,cover all your bases.

Brittennn

white trash not included.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 (not arrived yet)
Ok thanks alot :),

Also I heard you can have the side passenger and drivers side windows darkest legal, then the rest can be whatever?

Last edited: