Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance Dilemna's

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
After my crash, I'm getting my first round of headaches.. 3 of my rims were written off in my crash and insurance can't source the rims anywhere..

Basically, there isn't a place in Australia that stocks KSpeed Shallens and I don't have the receipt for when I purchased the rims (about a year ago)..

Any idea what will happen now? Or anyone know of any place which has the rims?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
I rang them.. They're not coming in for a few more months..

It's a bitch..

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Damn! That's a bit wrong that it says they have them in stock then! Are yours 18" ?

There was another place that said they had them in stock, but they were only 17".

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
This is why insurance companies are so picky when it comes to grey imports and modified vehicles.
Its damned hard to source parts.
With a standard commodore we can have the parts and repairs carried out almost straight away and close the file on it fast and cheap.
With imports, or with modified cars, things get difficult and theres a lot more human effort involved, as well as largely increased timeframes which makes it frustrating and not very easy for anyone involved.
Customers dont get their cars fixed in time and then people are unhappy, and in a lot of cases the car will get written off because its just too hard to organise the repairs.
Thats without even mentioning how impossible it is for us to determine whether the car adheres to relevant ADRs...
So next time the insurance company charges you a fortune or refuses cover because your car is rare and/or non standard, you have a little bit of an idea why.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Shounak, tell me something. Were you wheels listed as part of your insurance policy? If so were they nominated for a particular value? If so, your insurance co would allow you to have any wheels you like up to the nominated value of what was on there? When my calais got rear ended it busted the Eurovox stacker. Didn't bother me though cos the stacker was already stuffed and wasn't compatible with the Pioneer head unit. Smash repairers told me they cannot source a Eurocrap stacker. I told them it isn't compatible so I'm getting a free Pioneer stacker. On the other hand you probably don't want another type of wheel.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Shounak, tell me something. Were you wheels listed as part of your insurance policy? If so were they nominated for a particular value? If so, your insurance co would allow you to have any wheels you like up to the nominated value of what was on there? When my calais got rear ended it busted the Eurovox stacker. Didn't bother me though cos the stacker was already stuffed and wasn't compatible with the Pioneer head unit. Smash repairers told me they cannot source a Eurocrap stacker. I told them it isn't compatible so I'm getting a free Pioneer stacker. On the other hand you probably don't want another type of wheel.

Wheels weren't part of the policy. I was expecting insurance to just say, sorry they weren't on the policy, you're on your own..

But suprisingly, they've asked for the receipt so they know where to find them. The place I bought the rims from doesn't have them in stock either, so it seems that these rims just can't be found.

I don't want another type of wheel, but I'll take anything I can get.. I just want to see what happens now.. Should be interesting..

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Try contacting Bob Gray in Victoria at www.bgwheels.com.au This guy is brilliant. His service and prices are second to none. Bought brand new VT Calais internationals from him for $840 including freight to Sydney. He may not have what you're after but he might know where you can get them.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Hey Nakkers been doing some digging , You might want to give this mob a call:thumbsup:

hey shounak

got em from injektd in canberra for 1500 fitted/balanced

they sell tempe gear in canberra at tempe prices, without adding freight. so that was pretty sweet!