Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

insurance for a 20yr old with a V8

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
i've just bought my first v8 car:D

I got big plans for it with a full engine rebuild or replace with another 5L, respray and interior and mags. If you think im talking crap have a look at my previous ride that i modded, this rebuild will happen.

What insurance should i get for a car that i'm going to mod this much because when i finish it will be worth ALOT more than what i paid for it.

btw the car is a VN Clubsport

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
just cars would be the only one.
and also when i had it it cost be $1265 a year to insure ( in its present condition )
good luck and see u on the cruise!

flyen

bye bye
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
just cars would be the only one.
and also when i had it it cost be $1265 a year to insure ( in its present condition )

i'm only looking at getting 3rd party fire and theft untill the rebuild is complete
rang just car and they quoted me $415 per year for 3rd party Fire & Theft

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
3rd party fire and theft for $415 is bad enough

im 20 years old and I pay $900 a year with full comp which covers my VX Clubsport body kit, sound system and my 19" wheels. Now I got my 4.2 the insurance doesnt need to know about it :)

btw im with RACQ

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
i'm only looking at getting 3rd party fire and theft untill the rebuild is complete
rang just car and they quoted me $415 per year for 3rd party Fire & Theft

yeah thats how much im paying for the vc:thumbsup:

and allan i dont think we can insure with racq in sa i could be wrong though.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
its RAA down there

what a game in the cricket

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
im 20 from perth had my licence since november 2003 had one accident other party at fault (they side swipped me their insurance paid me out) 1 speeding fine 15 kms over the limit and 1 speeding fine 6kms over the limit i pay $1860 a year for my 5.0L stato went to every insurer and that was the cheapest quote that got thrown back at me im with RAC and my excess is a low low $1200 hows all that for a kick in the face, at least its insured for $15,000

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
My insurance for the 355 is $1280 a year through CGU who is sub contracted through the finance company. Thats with all mods apart from driveline with agreed value of 18k.
All my dailys so far are $260 a year for 3rd party, fire and theft which is through SGIC.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
mine is $1450 a year for full comp, mags insured, sound system insured. The hefty title "supercharged" contributes to that a bit. I am 21 years old.

Jimmy Nail

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubsport
Well, I am 20 but I've got a clean record, but out of the 4 V8's I owned in the last two years, my totally stock as a rock VR clubbie is the most expensive on insurance.
It costs me $350 odd for third party, fire and theft. But to go to full comp I would be looking at more like $2000 or even more. It's a joke and if its not the gov't rippin us off on rego and fuel, it's a bloody insurance company . Forget Saddam, the real criminals are here in our own country, I say.

One thing to watch for with Just Cars though is that the fire and theft only covers you for $5,000 max. I pay a bit more for RACQ but my car is insured third party fire and theft for just under $11,000. You don't wanna pay for something that aint gonna cover you anyway dude. :thumbsup: