Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

insurance for a 20yr old with a V8

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Its a VN Clubsport... but you'd never know. No badges or decals on the outside or anything, no dash badge, the interior doesnt exactly scream HSV. So unless you look at the compliance plate under the bonnet you cant tell. A VN Clubsport:

Attachments

• VN Clubsport Rear.bmp
    622.3 KB · Views: 400

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
they are going to look at the compliance plate... hate to break it to you

fnlow1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais '93
CGU through Savings and Loans Credit union..... Vp Calais V6, 19yo, 1 written off car, no speeding tickets, ummm, 3k stereo insurance and i pay $91 a month for full comp.

trepaul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 308
there is really no point lying on your insurance policy, they don't pay out if you don't disclose all the correct details. you might as well not get insurance. and seriously, like they aren't going to check to see if the car has been modified after you stack it.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
there is really no point lying on your insurance policy, they don't pay out if you don't disclose all the correct details. you might as well not get insurance. and seriously, like they aren't going to check to see if the car has been modified after you stack it.

Agree with that. Never ever lie to insurance companies because you must realise it is in their financial interest to not pay you... we are talking thousands of dollars here. I spend $1400 a year on car insurance so I make sure I let them know about even the smallest thing, whether I think its important or not...

If I had been paying $1400 for 3 years, and my car got written off, only for insurance to decide I hadn't disclosed something important, then I might as well have saved $4200 of my hard-earned, withdrawn the cash, then burnt it! Even giving that money away to someone would be better than that...