Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance for P Platers

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Hey guys, just wondering about insurance for P Platers

Does anyone know of any form of comprehensive insurance with premium's below $1000

Aami - $2700

Just Car Insurance - $2400

CGU - $2200

RACV - $3800

Allianz - $3000

Budget - $2500

I NEED COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE, BUT THEY HATE P PLATERS!!!!! HELP

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
on a vs? why do you need comprehensive?

To have full coverage if something happens? loling you don't know what full comp is!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
To have full coverage if something happens? loling you don't know what full comp is!

i know exactly what it is. whats your point? i dont see the point in comprehensive insurance on a early model p plater v6 unless its needed for finance. one year of insurance would cost more than the cars worth, and even if he did crash it, parts can be sourced a lot cheaper than the insurance + excess is worth anyway. third party insurance + fire/theft would suit him better so yeah, your smartass response is unnecessary

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i know exactly what it is. whats your point? i dont see the point in comprehensive insurance on a early model p plater v6 unless its needed for finance. one year of insurance would cost more than the cars worth, and even if he did crash it, parts can be sourced a lot cheaper than the insurance + excess is worth anyway. so yeah, your smartass response is unnecessary

Not at all. I feel your comment was a smart arse comment saying its 'only' a VS, not worth anything!

Full comp makes sense for anyone wanting to have full coverage. Finance or not, full comp is always the best option! Sure, after a year he could buy another car if he only had 3rd party for that year, but thats not the way to think about it! Keep in mind cars are worth different amounts in different places ;)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Unfotunatly thats what it costs. I went 3 years paying those figures and really i still do being under 25 i just have max no claim now. All you can do is suck it ftm and get new quotes each year. I've changed through 3 different insurers so far as each year you ring around and prices have all changed. My only advice is dont simply re-insure each year ring around for new quotes each time. Beware Justcars has rediculous excesses. like up over $1000 for P platers.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
I paid ~$1200/year through AAMI on my VS Berlina, up in QLD. I also opted for a higher excess to lower the premium though.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm with stocky on this. On my p's i only ever had third party insurance, just to make sure the other car was covered in case of accident. Imo it's just not worth the prices you've posted up but i must say, they seem extremely high.