Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance for Young Drivers

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
burnz said:
food for thought
find the best in any state/teritory
and signup
you dont have to live in the state/province to get insurance
i live in nsw but have qld insurance. not hard google it
Not true, I tried to get insurance from companies based in NSW and they refused. That's not saying there are some that will insure you, it never hurts to ask.

You will most likely find that their pricing structure is based around post code and state statistics. If they don't pay claims in your state then that is why they probably can't cover you.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
vystorm_adel said:
Not true, I tried to get insurance from companies based in NSW and they refused. That's not saying there are some that will insure you, it never hurts to ask.

You will most likely find that their pricing structure is based around post code and state statistics. If they don't pay claims in your state then that is why they probably can't cover you.
insurance in nsw is to dear state fire leve must be paid =$220
ontop of normal pricing that is why i insure else were
look at qld/nt/act a lot cheaper
insurane broker can help find for a small fee

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
1991_Vn2nV said:
Any1 else found any good insurance companies that I didnt come across in the SA phone book?
Companies I have tried in SA (some might be no good though in your circumstances) are SGIC, Mutual Community and CGU. Did try FAI years ago before they went bust but they are now called Allianz. Another which my dad uses is Elders insurance.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Im with just cars and im 20 on P's, payin roughly 1400 per year, excess is 600-700?? can't remember, and thats wit a few records of losing my licence for speeding and also get unlimited mods. not to bad me thinks

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I rang Vigil today, but they were a good $200 a year more than SGIC and $250 more than Just Cars insurance.

So SGIC followed by Just Car are definitely the two insurance companies I reccomend for under 21 drivers with modified cars. :thumbsup:

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
i rang SGIO and they said they don't insure people from NSW, only NRMA who are:
a) expensive
b) shithouse

so i rang justcars (im with AAMI atm) and for my car VP Calais converted manual, exhaust, lowered and CAI, the premium was $2279 and excess of $1300, and i'm 19 with 1 at fault accident under my belt

compared with AAMI of $1900 and $1700, but AAMI doesn't know about the manual conversion or CAI, i just told them it was manual, so i will have to change anyway

insurance sucks. well not if you need it, then its great. but otherwise? sucks :cry:

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
im 17. no demerit points, no accidents to my name. im with Just Car. $460 a year for third party fire and theft. with a $600 or $700 (cant remember exactley) excess. thats not bad considering iv got my car lowered, exahust, POD, custom dash, stero, neons. i called 6 companies when i was trying 2 find insurance and they were the only ones who whould insure me. all the uthas said i could only have on mod or that my car could only b lowerd 1 inch uthas wise i couldnt b insured. friggin ridiculous.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
my old car i used to own i had aami third party fire and theft, only told them i had one mod then one decided to call them up to let them know i had more mods cause i didnt want to have a accident and have to pay more or not be covered and in the end they told me i have till the end of when its due to get f***ed i only just payed for it to be renewed so that was ok but since i got another car in that time rang up just cars and for full comp on my new one it was only an extra 2 hundred dollars cause of wheels and spoiler and compared to if i got my old car with just cars. so its going to cost me $1460
they were willing to sure a p-plater with a high powered car which i thought was interesting so yeah very happy with the price and everything is covered even the $4000 dollars for 4 wheels including tyres

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
bennzy said:
my old car i used to own i had aami third party fire and theft, only told them i had one mod then one decided to call them up to let them know i had more mods cause i didnt want to have a accident and have to pay more or not be covered and in the end they told me i have till the end of when its due to get f***ed i only just payed for it to be renewed so that was ok but since i got another car in that time rang up just cars and for full comp on my new one it was only an extra 2 hundred dollars cause of wheels and spoiler and compared to if i got my old car with just cars. so its going to cost me $1460
they were willing to sure a p-plater with a high powered car which i thought was interesting so yeah very happy with the price and everything is covered even the $4000 dollars for 4 wheels including tyres

not 2 bad at all m8