Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance for Young Drivers

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
The thing I find completely stupid about the insurance system is that lowering a car IMPROVES handling and braking(as long as you dont do a Ryobi job) yet INCREASES your percieved risk from insurance companies. Not everyone who lowers their car is a hoon but the insurance companies seem to think that as soon as you lower your car it changes you into an idiot on the road. I dont see how you can have a clean driving record for 5 years (17-21 years old) and be judged an idiot because you lower your car!

The road toll in this country on a crash per 100,000 people basis has almost halved since 1991 so why does insurance keep going up, to increase profit margins for insurance companies is the obvious answer. Also why all the bleating about the road toll by authorities and motoring organisations, its a CHOICE you make to get in the car and you accept the risks involved, which are a lot lower than 10 or 20 years ago. There will NEVER be a zero road toll no matter how hard the authorities try and how much they try to say that every crash is preventable.

If the crash rate for under 21's halved tommorrow does anyone seriously believe that the insurance companies would halve premiums, of course not.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
shamus said:
I thought it was pretty obvious that you are an idiot if you tell your insurance company that your car is garaged in a different state!!!! Good luck getting any claims paid out.....
you know you do talk to them don't you!
not every thing is e'mail corospondance!

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
just car seems 2 be the way 2 go, thanks for making the topic