Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance Help?

L

linelink

Hello All,

I've recently recieved my insurance renewal for my 02 VXII SS for a whopping $1865.00! Im 30, haven't had a claim for 5 years and am rating one with the car living in Victoria. The current insurer is FordInsure (Ironic I know). Can anyone recommend an insurer or broker that will look after me as from talking with others it would appear that this years renewal is way too high! Hope that some of you can point me in the right direction!

Cheers,

James

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
shop around. the factory insurers are usually more expensive, they rely mostly on the "oh i'm in the dealership i'll just get the insurance here, i can't be bothered ringing around" factor.

G

Grantis1976

Know the feeking, a well known automobile club/ insurance provider up here in QLD quoted just over $1200 a year for what was at the time a stock 3L VL wagon SL. No turbo, no mods, garaged religously.
"AAMI" got the nod, at $399, including the $20 extra for an emergency rental car if repairs take longer than 14 days. Thats FULL comprhensive, for a 28 & 31 YR olds.
Good Luck!!!

R

Robbie

Hi James... I am only 20 and AAMI are by far the cheapest for me but they don't allow mods to your car, or atleast very little... My best option was the NRMA which I think is the RACV in Victoria, correct me if I am wrong.. they were still a good price but they allowed me to do anything Legal to my car

I hope this helps,

Robbie

Lloyd

Reaction score
Website
holdensfords.staghost.com
Hi James,

your insurance company is way to expensive, i can get insurance on a WH Statesman with 5.7L V8 from RAA for $2,000, and i am only 20 years old.

i recon you look on the internet at insurance companies websites, many have online quotes; so you will get an idea for insurance, without the holds.

hopefully this will help you

lloyd

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
you really need to ring up and talk to them, insurance companies can sometimes be talked into better deals.

D

d hsv

QUOTE (linelink @ Jan 6 2004, 11:04 AM)

Hello All,

I've recently recieved my insurance renewal for my 02 VXII SS for a whopping $1865.00!
You think that's a whopper? I've just been quoted $3251.00 for a 5.0L VT Calais.
I'm 20, had my license suspended once, and have made one claim.

Lloyd - What is RAA? Might be worth me giving them a call...

G

Grantis1976

it may depend on what rating your on, driving history etc, but aami said we can do pretty much anything, as long as it was a factory option. eg, no bigger than 17x8 with the wheels.
Good Luck !!!

R

Robbie

QUOTE (Grantis1976 @ Jan 7 2004, 01:54 AM) it may depend on what rating your on, driving history etc, but aami said we can do pretty much anything, as long as it was a factory option. eg, no bigger than 17x8 with the wheels.
Good Luck !!!
Grantis I would check that out...

They told me,
Age under 21: 1 cosmetic change
Age 21-25: 2 Cosmetic changes
Age over 25: 3 cosmetic changes,

No performance enhancements allowed....

But that is just what I was told... i rang back a few times to talk to different ppl and get different opinions but they all said the same..

Cheers,

Robbie

Lloyd

Reaction score
Website
holdensfords.staghost.com
d HSV the RAA is a SA only insurance company.

Grantis1976, i spoke to AAMI and they said that i had no chance for insurance on a Statesman, because i was under 30 and the car was considered to be a sports car.

the $2000 quote was for a Stock 5.7L Statesman. i have to tell RAA everything i want do to the car until I am 25