Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance Question

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Hey mods im not too sure if this is the right place to put something in relation to a accident i had .. But i need some advice..

AAMI has sent me a letter basically saying in our opinion you are at fault bla bla bla

What i need to know.. and here were it gets complecated

I was the driver at the time using my ex girlfriends car.. I was reversed out onto the road when the other driver vroomed out and hit my rear end.. * i was on the road at the time *..

she is now claming that she has front end side and rear damage.. REAR AND END ? umm how

Second of all.. My ex girlfriends car is now being put into her name but the insurance is in her mums name...

Does anyone have a clue as to how i go about it????

Ive asked quite a few people and im either NOT at fault or its 50 50..

Cheers guys

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Person reversing is almost always seen to be at fault.

Did you swap details with the driver when you had the crash? You probably did, which makes you the liable driver. You were obviously driving the car with the permission of the insurance policy holder so you should be covered under that insurance policy. Pay the excess and be done with it.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Person reversing is almost always seen to be at fault.

Did you swap details with the driver when you had the crash? You probably did, which makes you the liable driver. You were obviously driving the car with the permission of the insurance policy holder so you should be covered under that insurance policy. Pay the excess and be done with it.

Alright thats no problem.. However who needs to make a claim? Do i call them? does my ex girlfriend? does my ex girlfriends mother??

Cheers mate

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Whoever is authorised on the policy will need to make first contact in order to lodge the claim dude. They MAY need to speak with you after, depends what they're policy is. The policy holder can then nominate you as being authorised to discuss the claim.
Possibly a good idea to goto their place, sit down with them when they make a call if it works, that way the phone can be handed over etc.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Whoever is authorised on the policy will need to make first contact in order to lodge the claim dude. They MAY need to speak with you after, depends what they're policy is. The policy holder can then nominate you as being authorised to discuss the claim.
Possibly a good idea to goto their place, sit down with them when they make a call if it works, that way the phone can be handed over etc.

cheers man.. i was hopn i wudnt have to do that ha ha ha

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Either that or get them to call, and then if they need to speak to you after they can call you and let you know and you can call the insurer back.
Whatever works best.

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
Got it sorted i guess.. gotta pay out 2 k.. coz 2 k is excess on the car anyway.. FOR A VS COMMODORE lol..:p