Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance Renewals

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
Hey peoples. I just got my insurance renewal notice and i've been f..d around. The bastards dropped the value of my car by $8000 to $20800
and are charging $1230 for insurance which is only $130 less than last year. I rang them up and the best deal i got was $26000 for $1370 this is through Shannons. Ive rang AAMI GIO ALLIANZ and they dont want to know about it. I rang NRMA JUSTCARS and another they will insure for $28000 but they want over $2000 per year.
I need some help as to who to call to get a good deal on insurance. I'm 27, VT LS1 HSV - no mods.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Have moved this to the pub for you, a few more people might see it there. Also have a search on insurance threads, there have been a few people that have asked the same questions before.....

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
GROWLZ said:
I'm 27, VT LS1 HSV - no mods.

Yet. :D

I found out that with sports cars like HSV 30 yrs old is the new 25. It used to be 25 and you get cheap insurance now its 30.

According to redbook (which is where most insurance companies base vehicle values from)

1999 VT II HSV Clubsport Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 5.7i - Private sale value:$14,800 - $17,900
1999 VT II HSV Clubsport Sedan 4dr Man 6sp 5.7i - Private sale value: $15,400 - $18,600
1999 VT II HSV Clubsport R8 Sedan 4dr Man 6sp 5.7i - private sale value: $16,600 - $20,000
1999 VT II R8 Sedan 4dr Auto 4sp 5.7i - Private sale value: $15,900 - $19,200

So while it does fell like they are jacking you, apparently thats all the cars worth. The new VE model has a lot to do with the devaluing of the cars.

I'm devosated cause the insurance company claims that my VT II V6 is only worth $5,000 - $7,500

Jezz

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Those red book values are absolute garbage!!
They aren't very realistic, compared to what everyone, whether private or dealer is selling for. . . .

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Mate do u have a mrs or gf? Hubby (also 27) rang up last year when I got my P's to list me as a driver, anyway they said it would be much cheaper to put me as main driver cos premiums are less for females. Funny that he's got a good driving record and had licence 10+ years, I had mine less than a month and it was cheaper 4 me lol. Might be something worth looking at :)

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Would be unlucky for insurers to use redbook - RACQ use glass's guide, I got a quote when my car was standard (1997 VSII Acclaim) and market value was $9200 ;)

Surprised Allianz didnt want it - maybe try QBE and see how you go. Just ring around

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
JustCar Insurance ftw!
I will *not* be renewing my AAMI insurance, I'll be going to JCI.. Simply for the modification factor.. AAMI won't touch me, and my Engine is practically factory.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
tr3nt said:
JustCar Insurance ftw!
I will *not* be renewing my AAMI insurance, I'll be going to JCI.. Simply for the modification factor.. AAMI won't touch me, and my Engine is practically factory.

lol funny how that works, seeing how Just Car is underwritten by AAMI. Have any of you looked into brokers?

GROWLZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Clubsport
Wouldn't know where to start looking, do all brokers insure high performance vehicle's?

minx said:
Lil funny how that works, seeing how Just Car is underwritten by AMI. Have any of you looked into brokers?