Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance repair jobs

Muscular Jesus

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VS Ute SIII
The reason why insurance companies are cracking down so hard, supplying their own parts and sending assessors to every job is pretty easily explained. There is a certain percentage of crash repairers who have been taking the piss for a long, long time. Take a damaged car to a crash repairers and tell them you need a quote to repair it but you have no insurance. Now imagine that same scenario except tell them you are fully insured and watch that same quote magically grow. Crash repairers know the insurance game better than the insurance company themselves. They will quote the **** out of repairs, hoping no assessor will be appointed or maybe the claims guy is busy that day and simply rubber stamps it to get it off his desk. I know because I've been that claims guy.

I agree that using second hand parts is piss poor, the insurance company I worked for actually insisted on using genuine parts because of repairs not being done properly with used parts constantly coming back with problems.

Jetboy, I agree the system is ####ed but unfortunately it is what it is. Greedy, ruthless ####ers on both sides trying to get rich.