Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance who's best with mods?????

glaz350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Hi all,

Insured my stock VE SS with real insurance last year $870 full comp sweet.told them in the future may do some mods
exhaust etc:not a major prob they told me just tell them and they will adjust policy NO big drama they told me.

Well Insurance time came around and they told me NO were not insuring you piss off:bomb: so have been shopping around and its like $2000-$2700 ####en rude mate.I have 65% NCB 44yr driver car's garaged.Robbing bastards!

So my question is who's good insure in NSW for a few mods ?

Last edited by a moderator:

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Aami are pretty cheap, they actually own just car, but you don't have to pay the ridiculous "vehicle excess" that a v8 attracts with just car.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Try GIO. I had my old clubby with them and declared all mods.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Nrma have been my pick so far. Have never had an issue so far. Very well priced too

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Nothing wrong with Insurance Companies. You have to understand that they offer, for a price (depending on your age, driving record, vehicle make, engine, modifications etc) to cover your vehicle against various risks. They consider all aspects of you, your vehicle (make/model/engine) and set the premium accordingly. If you are confronted with a high premium then obviously and logically you must be considered as a HIGH risk - to them and they're probably trying to politely tell you that they simply don't want you or your business. That's their prerogative as it is yours to choose or change Insurance Companies etc.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Have your circumstances changed in the last 12 months? any claims? moved to minto and live in a tent with no garage? Have you carried out any of the mods to your car you mentioned? there has to be a reason for the insurance company to go from a reasonable annual fee to completely punting you altogether

glaz350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS A6
Never made a claim or lost points gold licence that's why I was pretty shocked must be the suburb I live in:axe: