Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance/write off problems

NAVZCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6, 1980 WB Tonner
I recently sold my old VT wagon to a mate of mine and we were just waiting on parts for it to be roadworthy. In the space of me selling him the car and recieving the parts he's managed to write it off. He had it insured and we've managed to transfer the rego into his name (i love legal loop holes) and he's been paid out. The problem is he was borrowing two of my stock Calais rims for the roadworthy, which were on the car at the time of the accident and he's been paid out for the car which is now sitting at the wreckers. Am i able to reclaim my rims without buying the wreck or do i just have to grin and bear it?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
grin and bear it, they valued the car for what it was at the accident.. hit your mate up for 50 bucks, should about cover the cost of the wheels

NAVZCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 3.6, 1980 WB Tonner
Thanks. I was thinking because it is a repairable write off i can buy the wreck back for $250. Not only are my rims on it buy my old sound system was in it as well which cost nearly $2000 all up. I've got the space to store it at home and i can sell it for parts as well because the engine is in A1 condition

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
if its sitting at the wreckers, the insurance company would have already sold it to them wouldnt they? just go to the wreckers and buy your rims back no problem then.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That wrecker aint going to sell it to you for $250 if he see's the stereo in there.

m.c ren

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vs s2 clubsport
best to ask him what he wants for them

m.c ren

Reaction score
Members Ride
hsv vs s2 clubsport
ask him if he will sell them to you