Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Mum went to insure my car 2day and apparently I have 2 many mods, so they wont cover it, all they will do is the car itself which being a vk aint worth much so basically if nething happened 2 my car I wouldn’t get anything for it, apparently with the mods its something deterring young ppl modding cars, so after ringing around, mum got a few quotes and the only places that do it charge tonnes.

Does ne1 else have this problem? who is ur car insured with and are they good?

I need 2 no by 2moro morning coz it runs out 2moro, thanks heaps

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
if justcar wont do it shannons will but it will cost a little more

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
just car insurance is the only way to go for us younger drivers... it cost me just under 600 bucks and the car is completely in my name, mods are extractors and exhuast and it already had a tow bar which bumped it up a bit but still reasonable i say. it can be done online too so its simple to get done

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
yeh i think justcar was the 1 mum sed was the only 1 that would do it, but she said its expensive compared 2 sgic and aami

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I made a thread in the general section... Insurance for young drivers. Give it a read.

Shannons are a no go as they only do full comprehensive insurance, im guessing you're after 3rd pary fire and theft yeah?

SGIC and Just Car insurance are the only 2 that will do it.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
thanks heaps for the reply's

just talked 2 mum about it and we're going with just car, i think mum sed it was $343 or something, but the excess if i have an accident was $1050 which kinda sucks, mum sed i have 2 keep away from everybody lol

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
thats cheap actually my friend... is it going in your mums name and your primary driver or something? my excess is 1500 in my car and 2200 if im driving my mums (and i had to go and crash my mums car a while ago... doh!!)