Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

intake maifold gasket

jimbojones889

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Executive Wagon
i had changed the coolant in the radiator and flushed it out and when i put the new stuff in it leaked a bit from the maifold area. was going to change the gasket so bought the repair book, but after a few days the leak had stopped?? whats going on there. coolant level is fine and not overheating. reservoir tank is full enough too. could the new coolant have just moved some sludge away from the gasket or am i missing something. oh its not leaking water into the oil as well.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe some coolant got spillled and pooled on the manifold some where and was noticed a few days later (I have a vivid imagination)...I'd keep a very close eye on the coolant level and if it doesn't start losing coolant over a month I'd say it was OK.....why this is so doesn't matter - Chinese saying : "Commodore man who look for trouble sure to find"
But seriously, if the past history of the car indicates that proper coolant was always used - not tap water - then the cooling system will be OK.