Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Intake Manifolds

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
Wat intake manifolds are people using and how do they find them? wat would people recommend?

Im almost finished my 355 to go into my vs maloo and this is the last piece. I have a banana manifold atm but have been told they are way too restrictive.

Cheers in advance for all opinions and tips :beer chug:

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Hi Mate,

Well, unless your pulling huge rpm with a monster cam, C.O.M.E. Twin Throttle Manifold is a waste of time!!

Your best bet would be a Carby style manifold with a 1000cfm throttle body on top, but your talking $$$$....

Torque Power/Harrop etc........

I'm trying to decide between a blower, or Cam/Heads and manifold.....

Look forward to hearing what you choose, and the results, Good Luck :)

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
Im not aiming for huge rpm, and i really dont feel come's is worth the money they're asking so im with you there.

I had a quick look at the T/P one, doesnt look too bad but not sure how i'd run it. I know they sell elbows which bolt on top of the carby style ones and bend forward so you can have a LS1/2 style throttle body on it which i think will be the way to go. ~90mm intake would go alright i think?

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
i have a come twin throttle on my 355 N/A with a decent cam, i find it to be awesome all round rev ranges for a street car.
i also looked into torque power but once you buy the manifold and throttle body etc you end up paying close to $2000 if not more and my come throttle was $2300 delivered off ebay so it really come down to look plus come bolts straight to stock air box... hope this helps. either way you wont be disappointed.

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
yea i was worried about the other prices adding up.
Wat stroker kit and cam are you running?

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
355 come crank, custom grind cam duno the specs i have them somewhere though, it is pretty lumpy and the box is running a high stall 3800rpm roughly, 10:1 compression.

really if the car is a street car i personally think it just comes down to look between come and t/p manifold as i was told not to go come coz its more of a mid to high manifold but my acceleration is very pleasing with 3.45 diff gearing.

i think t/p manifold is round $900 then he'll palm you off to efi hardware to fix you up with a throttle body etc and last i spoke to him it was gna be round $900 also plus if you need throttle linkage kits, changing the thermostat housing etc $$$.

and if you go come manifold and decide to get forced induction later it is meant to be a really good manifold with boost.

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
Id go the TP dual plane high-rise. It gives you a broad power range. The set up is 990 with it drilled for injection, 850ish for efi hardware 1000cfm throttlebody with all the linkages need to hook it up, 250ish for 14" extreme flow drop base filter. so round 2100 and you dont have to modify fuel rails, (which i think ya do with come).

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Id go the TP dual plane high-rise. It gives you a broad power range. The set up is 990 with it drilled for injection, 850ish for efi hardware 1000cfm throttlebody with all the linkages need to hook it up, 250ish for 14" extreme flow drop base filter. so round 2100 and you dont have to modify fuel rails, (which i think ya do with come).

That's what I'm talking about!!

I have a good mate with an automotive/Marine performance shop, running for years, with an awesome rep.......

VS Maloo with 383.... C.O.M.E Manifold, 229rwkw, with bugger all torque down low...
Torque power Manifold with 1000cfm Throttle body, (Looks like Carby!) Nest day, no changes to tuning, 297rwkw with awesome Torque 2500rpm up........

Not sure on exact Manifold, T/B Models etc, but i can find out!!

Seriously, I'd be going that way.... I will be if i don't bolt a blower on first :)

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
70 rwkw from a manifold change? Horse ****.....

I'm not a huge fan of the COME manifold myself, but 70rwkw? Come on.

I'd say he had a bit of a play with the dyno between runs....Got happy all of a sudden.

Hmmmmmmm,

Just what I was told from a guy I trust.........
Apparently the COME has **** airspeed or whatever, and needs rpm to work, he has used them on high rpm engines and found nothing would get near them.....

Of course the intake set up was changed as these manifolds are completely different.....

This guy builds Twin Turbo Holden motors all day, and I would bet both my teste's he aint talkin sh!t, must have been due to engine combo etc.......

Everything he has told me in the past has been true, so I have no reason to not believe him, 15 yrs friendship.....................

He has blatantly told me to stop dreaming about 240rwkw, and set me straight although hpf promises this fugure with just cam heads and Starr Manifold....
I will find out exacly what was done to acheive the massive gain, but those were his words, just last week.........

He told me my engine was Max 196rwkw, I made 193, and can't get past it :-(.......

I watched an Nizpro Modded XR6T Pull 323rwkw, and the owner crack it saying it had more elsewhere, so doubt the dyno is happy,

You of all people know Dyno Adjusting is almost impossible, other than messing with the intake air temp sensor........