Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intercept IAT signal to ECU on 3.6 Alloytec V6 / Enabling Greater Ignition Advance

SlowComm

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Aprilia RSV4
Mace do a reflash, i think part of it is intercepting the IAT signal to gain ignition advance. For $450 for a cheap reflash up to $1200 for a dyno tune, wonder if its worth it on the alloytec

Last edited:

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Overactive timing cut with IAT readings is pretty frustrating. I run an OTRCAI and to help minimise the timing been taken out I insulated around the perimeter of the CAI which certainly helps keep the timing nazi at bay. When in stop start traffic u can feel the throttle reponce drop a little.

Tricking the IAT sensor is an interesting concept. Prob not so bad on a conservatively programmed engine. Perhaps a better solution is to change the settings on the ecu or reduce the amount of timing taken out. For memory it's about 8deg @ 60degC which is a heap. Perhaps making this abit more progressive would be better taking out say 2deg of timing say for every 8degC of IAT above say 50degC rather than no intervention then all of a sudden 8deg of timing taken. With 8deg of timing pulled it feels like it's lost 50bhp or 4 adults suddenly jumped in the car.

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Overactive timing cut with IAT readings is pretty frustrating. I run an OTRCAI and to help minimise the timing been taken out I insulated around the perimeter of the CAI which certainly helps keep the timing nazi at bay. When in stop start traffic u can feel the throttle reponce drop a little.

Tricking the IAT sensor is an interesting concept. Prob not so bad on a conservatively programmed engine. Perhaps a better solution is to change the settings on the ecu or reduce the amount of timing taken out. For memory it's about 8deg @ 60degC which is a heap. Perhaps making this abit more progressive would be better taking out say 2deg of timing say for every 8degC of IAT above say 50degC rather than no intervention then all of a sudden 8deg of timing taken. With 8deg of timing pulled it feels like it's lost 50bhp or 4 adults suddenly jumped in the car.

Yeah I have an insulated OTR too end it helps a lot. Still thinking of relocating the IAT tho.
And yeah, I guess this is what is done when you get a tune, I think they also make the knock sensor less sensitive too. For some reason I always get timing getting pulled by knock-retard (sometimes up to 9deg), even tho I only use BP98 petrol...

SlowComm

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Aprilia RSV4
Yeah i think thats right, i agree

Last edited: