Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interchiller

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Just ordered an interchiller for the 30th Anniversary Senator with the W557 Walky kit. Booked in for fitting 3rd December. Will let you know the difference it makes.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Hey @revster all I can say is you basta*d lol
I want pretty much everything you just said.

All jokes aside I have heard a bit about the interchillers and am very interested in you results. If I just hadn’t bought a house and about to go overseas I’d probably have a heartbeat supercharger on the mistress pretty soon.

Anyway keep us updated

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’m honestly surprised an interchiller has much advantage over a plain ol’ intercooler, given how much power is involved in the heat that needs to be removed from the intake charge.
Not saying it doesn’t work; just saying I can’t really comprehend how it can work (in the same way I accept Darwinian natural selection is a Thing without necessarily being able to conceptualise the sorts of changes required, & over so many generations, for it to occur).

Is it more about drag racing and the heat that builds-up when there’s not much air flowing through the heat-exchanger fins, ie. while you’re slowly tooling around getting to the line?

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Should be the same principles in air cooled processors vs liquid cooled processors in computers. Liquid cooling just allows for significantly lower temperatures which is what you're after.

Their website's explanation is straightforward enough https://fiinterchillers.com/products/

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Basically you are using the cars AC system to super cool the coolant in the supercharger W2A system. Just don't forget that it takes actual power from engine to drive the AC pump. For drag racing it is an ideal setup as you can super chill the whole supercharger system between runs and no need to add ice to the W2A tank etc.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey @revster all I can say is you basta*d lol
I want pretty much everything you just said.

All jokes aside I have heard a bit about the interchillers and am very interested in you results. If I just hadn’t bought a house and about to go overseas I’d probably have a heartbeat supercharger on the mistress pretty soon.

Anyway keep us updated

What I am getting is the interchiller, the race solenoid (which lets you turn off the AC to the inside of the car via a switch and just have it chilling the air intake), the lid-spacer and the bigger reservoir for the normal intercooler.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Assuming LSA? The other thing that may be of benefit is the Fasterproms insulator plates that go between the heads and the blower to reduce heat soak.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
Assuming LSA? The other thing that may be of benefit is the Fasterproms insulator plates that go between the heads and the blower to reduce heat soak.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's a link Thermal Reduction Plates - Fasterproms

Just need to make sure it's the correct one to suit your engine/blower but he's familiar with the Holdens so he should know exactly which one you need.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride