Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intercooler ?

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
G'day all
I have superchager running on vp v6 (powerdyne@6psi =185kw@wheels)but i would like to go up 10psi should i go for a intercooler setup or not.would it need it or make a difference . would it just be a waste of money?

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon (soon to be pimped)
G'day all
I have superchager running on vp v6 (powerdyne@6psi =185kw@wheels)but i would like to go up 10psi should i go for a intercooler setup or not.would it need it or make a difference . would it just be a waste of money?

It will make a difference but probably not a huge one. my mates vl turbo noticed a fair difference cos he installed his in the middle of summer... :yeah:

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
thats ok ,i just want to look after the motor and not stress the sh**t out off it

tufcalais

I like boobs
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon (soon to be pimped)
thats ok ,i just want to look after the motor and not stress the sh**t out off it

you wont stress the motor by putting one on. its better for it as it reduces the intake charge temp which in turn lowers your engine temps

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
cooler intake = more torque. raptor is running 10psi standard without a cooler no problems but most of the guys note a huge torque increase when a a cooler is fitted and it's tuned to suit

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
cooler intake = more torque. raptor is running 10psi standard without a cooler no problems but most of the guys note a huge torque increase when a a cooler is fitted and it's tuned to suit

Thanks mate,thats what i was thinkin :thumbsup:

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Could try a water to air intercooler? Not sure about fitment in the engine bay issues, but these will reduce lag issues that a front mount air to air has.....

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Could try a water to air intercooler? Not sure about fitment in the engine bay issues, but these will reduce lag issues that a front mount air to air has.....

Do you any more info this ?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Mounting an Intercooler will decrease the psi that makes it to your engine, if i was you install the cooler measure the psi at the engine and compensate for it...

Last edited: