Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interested in VS V6 HM Headers $375 Group Buy?

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
r others gettin gaskets with there headers 2??? i went n spoke 2 my exhaust bloke he wanted me 2 make sure i get the right gaskets with the headers so how can u not need a gasket 4 them?

Nup, no gaskets are included. Just a couple of flanges...everything else has to be supplied by mechanic. I was quoted some insanely shiit prices...anything up to $350.00 just to fit headers and cat. I eventually found a mechanic that did it all for $110.00 supplying gaskets and the rest...and they did a damn good job...very pleased indeed! Now just gotta find out why i'm not getting as much go from the beast :cry: i'm thinking it may be the torque converter or vacc leak because cruising in 2nd/3rd...and planting the foot i can hear the engine pumping and air flowing but there's no throw back into the seat sort of stuff happening. I'm leaning towards torque converter...but i'm not getting any responses in my other thread...no one wants to help!!! :cry: Any feedback would be awesome guys...Cheers

Boojakz.

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Nup oxy sensors have been done recently, so have plugs, leads, oil, filters (fuel, air and oil), injectors, full exhaust system, throttle body, iac valve.

Could it possibly be the fly on the throttle body not opening all the way up?!

Cheers,
Boojakz.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i wouldnt think there would b much throwback with a 6 as theres not much power gains ina 6? mayb u just needa get it tuned 2 suit now? as 4 the gaskets thats a bit of a pain y wouldnt they supply gaskets? well if i dont hear from them in the next couple days bout this i might have 2 throw the deal back at them thanx neways man

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ecotec HM Headers don't come with gaskets,in fact in their installation instructions they stress the point that NO GASKET IS TO BE INSTALLED!!!

They say to use some exhaust adhesive....

Jump on the HM site, download the installation instructions and tell ur exhaust guy he doesn't know what he's talkin about when it comes to HM headers:

http://www.hmheaders.com.au/downloads/instructions/HM8SS.pdf

My exhaust guy installed em pretty cheat n no gaskets

Good Luck With it!

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I recon its funny that so many exhaust joint are tlaking up pacemaker headers

They dyno'ed a VT SS with genie, advance, HM and Pacies...

All i remeber was that the Advance, Genie and HM headers where all pretty close and far far behind was the pacies!!!

The dyno graph is floating around somewhere in one of the threads...

I think i have the image saved at home too so if you guys have problems finding it i'll try n post it up

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Ecotec HM Headers don't come with gaskets,in fact in their installation instructions they stress the point that NO GASKET IS TO BE INSTALLED!!!

They say to use some exhaust adhesive....

Jump on the HM site, download the installation instructions and tell ur exhaust guy he doesn't know what he's talkin about when it comes to HM headers:

http://www.hmheaders.com.au/downloads/instructions/HM8SS.pdf

My exhaust guy installed em pretty cheat n no gaskets

Good Luck With it!

thanx jesterarts i'll look into it tho mayb he doesnt know much bout the HM headers coz he mainly sells pacies and tried tellin me bout the story havin probs fittin HM headers 4 the reason i told ya in the PM b4 but i'll give him all this info n see wat he says if he has a problem with it i'll go 2 another exhaust bloke n see wat they say. i just dont wannna hand over my money then feel ripped 4 not doin things the right way

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
sorry bout the lack of replys guys, sounds like Jesterarts, has it covered for me :D thanks bro,

Yeap as meantioned, no gaskets needed as they machine the face of the headers for clean edge..

yea i've seen that dyno sheet somewhere too, that sheet is listed with V8 runs. still good for comparasion.

my headers are in the cupboard atm, my fuel pump sh!t itself, and im just waiting for payday to drop them on.

Boojak, who did u take ur car to? sounds like a good deal bro. PM if u dont wanna list up in here,

Cheers

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
By popular demand....

Here is the DYNO sheet...

YES, i know its for a VT SS but i would assume performance's would be about the same for the v6's

Last edited:

boojak87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS 5.7L
Midas car care in Dandenong...They quoted me $110.00 over the phone...Took it there on the day (i was at work)...i get a call 9:10..."They wanna charge you $250.00 to fit now because there's no gaskets or anything"...(the old man cracked the shiits at them pretty bad). The guy was awesome though, he turned around and did it all for $110.00 and he did a magnificant job...very pleased indeed. Oh yeahhhh...they still do recommend gaskets when fitting them...9/10 stated that gaskets are needed still. I think it's something you have to argue about with the mechanic.

Cheers,
Boojakz.