Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interesting Exhaust Event Over the Weekend

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
So anyway, here we are driving through the underground parking lot in Southland when we here strange noise (like we hit something under the car) but there was in fact nothing because I looked back as we drove off parked the car and went shopping. Came back drove off, and when back onto the road the noise of the car was horrible, it sounds to me like there is exhust leaking from the pipes somewhere close by underneath the driver sides door. Almost sounds like a 2 stroke when between 3-5k rpm, cruising is fine.

Inspecting this quickly from underneath I cant see anything or really exactly pin point where the leak of air is, any ideas what this could be and if anyone's had a similar issue? Car is a 2006 VE Calais and its stock all the way.

Cheers

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
u will prob find one of the cats or the muffler is fkd. take it to a exhaust shop

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Have you had the exhaust changed at all? Could be just a blown gasket behind the cat pipes.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok, i found I can get a whole stock exhaust system from cat to mufflers for $200 - but its off a ute/wagon because its slightly longer. if i get the pipes shortened should this be fine?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Why don't you just get under the car and have a good look before you start replacing ****?

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh, lol forgot to mention that - i had it looked at today by Ultratune. They said that I've broken the inside of the center muffler which is welded stright to the dual 2.5" stainless steel pipes - this is actually the place thats offering to sell me the replacement stock system for $200 as they put on another system not long ago and kept the stock but they did try and swap them only finding the one they have was off a ute/wagon (they dont remember).

They cant cut it and weld it, as they dont have the gear but Im wanting to know how much trouble it would be to get done and if anyone has done it - i remember seeing a thread awhile back and in the end i dont think it was as simple as cutting and re-welding but i cant find the damn thread.

DynoVE

DVSVE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
first guess was the centre mufflers. lowest point on my car aswell, driving throo southland and other car parks/ramps/speed bumps thats what scrapes on mine!

gl with the fix!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
$200 for a stock system.....hmmmm...I throw them away.

The sedan and wagons are the same, the utes are different. The front section is longer as are the tail pipes after the rear cans.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
$200 for a stock system.....hmmmm...I throw them away.

The sedan and wagons are the same, the utes are different. The front section is longer as are the tail pipes after the rear cans.

To bad your in WA then lol.