Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interesting Reading

DeadxPatriot

What now?
Reaction score
Members Ride
G8 GT
That's some crazy power form a V6 family car

I can just imagine JC forum In 10 years time. New Thread:"My V6 is only 320kW, what mods can I do to get more power out of it" First Post: "It's a V6. It's slow, it will always be slow, don't waste your money buy a V8 instead"

More like next year lol.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Holden are still playing with pushrod V8 technology while the V6's are running quad overhead cam.

Bit of a technology indifference.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Holden are still playing with pushrod V8 technology while the V6's are running quad overhead cam.

Bit of a technology indifference.

Yep and Wildfire has just dialled up 210RWKW on a N/A cammed LLT with the possibility of more to come with further tuning ....not bad at all. Bring on the new V8.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Good to see better power output from the V6's, I"ve always liked them and always seen them as more of a sensible choice, but until holden can magically make a V6 rumble like a V8...no matter how fast they make the V6's there will always be people who buy the V8 because they like the sound.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Nice figures but I wouldnt be expecting it to be much quicker in real life than the curent SIDI 3.6 anway, does anyone remember how kilowatts are calculated?

a 5~7% increase in torque and a slightly higher rev limit/reading is all that would account for the additional 30kw or so.

torque figures are still way off the current v8's however, which would be making 100nm + more, produced lower and more linear throughout the rev range where-as these v6's make all their torque higher in revs.

Still hope for the old v8 :p

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Nice figures but I wouldnt be expecting it to be much quicker in real life than the curent SIDI 3.6 anway, does anyone remember how kilowatts are calculated?

a 5~7% increase in torque and a slightly higher rev limit/reading is all that would account for the additional 30kw or so.

torque figures are still way off the current v8's however, which would be making 100nm + more, produced lower and more linear throughout the rev range where-as these v6's make all their torque higher in revs.

Still hope for the old v8 :p

Most definantely agree that without the cubes or FI you not going generate huge torque from the 3.6. You are however incorrect about where in the rev range the torque is produced. On the last dyno I did torque peaked at 2600rpm and was pretty consitent throughout the rev range.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
thats ridiculously crazy power out of a v6.. makes gen 3s look like childs play.. makes my 6L worried...

Yeah Im really worried when my detuned 5.7 made 250kw from factory, retune with stock exhaust and intake made around 300kw.

Thats not even taking into account the torque difference.

Lets try and stay realistic here.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Good to see better power output from the V6's, I"ve always liked them and always seen them as more of a sensible choice, but until holden can magically make a V6 rumble like a V8...no matter how fast they make the V6's there will always be people who buy the V8 because they like the sound.

Sorry but if your paying $10-$15k more to purchase a v8 + another $2-3k for a cam package to make it rumble then I'd say its more than a waste of money.