Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interesting Reading

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Sorry but if your paying $10-$15k more to purchase a v8 + another $2-3k for a cam package to make it rumble then I'd say its more than a waste of money.

And what are you paying to make the V6 perform equal to a cammed V8?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sorry but if your paying $10-$15k more to purchase a v8 + another $2-3k for a cam package to make it rumble then I'd say its more than a waste of money.

$10-$15,000 more...did you research the cost difference between before you jumped into your powerful V6?

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
And what are you paying to make the V6 perform equal to a cammed V8?

This is what your paying:
The new LFX ve v6 with a cam package worth $1100 and a tune from MACE would bring it up to the kw of the stock v8, maybe even more, it would have better response and even beat it too and you would still save $$$.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
$10-$15,000 more...did you research the cost difference between before you jumped into your powerful V6?

Its called exaggeration, everyone does it. Read up on most of the v8 threads and tell me if whoever owns a v8 doesn't exaggerate.
Last year prices were around $46k for a ss and $36k for the sv6.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The new LFX ve v6 with a cam package worth $1100 and a tune from MACE would bring it up to the kw of the stock v8, maybe even more, it would have better response and even beat it too and you would still save $$$.

So youre getting a full tune and cam installed for $1100? hahahahaha. And youre still at stock V8 territory.

End of the day you cannot deny the fact that to perform like a V8 you are wringing its neck and reliability and longevity goes down the toilet. Meanwhile the V8 pumps out the power and torque without breaking a sweat.

I have no issue with people wanting to make V6s go fast but to claim its cheaper than just starting with a V8 is naive at best.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Its called exaggeration, everyone does it. Read up on most of the v8 threads and tell me if whoever owns a v8 doesn't exaggerate.
Last year prices were around $46k for a ss and $36k for the sv6.

I havent exaggerated in my above posts, exaggeration is generally used to make a poor arguement look more viable.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So youre getting a full tune and cam installed for $1100? hahahahaha. And youre still at stock V8 territory.

End of the day you cannot deny the fact that to perform like a V8 you are wringing its neck and reliability and longevity goes down the toilet. Meanwhile the V8 pumps out the power and torque without breaking a sweat.

I have no issue with people wanting to make V6s go fast but to claim its cheaper than just starting with a V8 is naive at best.

And I have no problem with the v8's but don't sit and tell me that the only cheap way to get power out of an engine is to buy a v8 and tweak it...
As you can see in todays market, more and more v6 parts are being made and soon when there will be enough competition in the market, all prices will drop dramatically, like some of them have already.

$1100 for the cam package and $550 for the tune.
Still cheaper if you do the maths.
Not still at v8 territory, better than a stock v8, and calculate the fuel consumption, the insurance etc and then talk to me about costs.
The same way you tweak a v6 engine and it loses reliability and longevity is the same thing that happens to all engines in the world.
Soon you will see that the new LFX v6 engine will pump out the power and torque you are talking about and it will still be cheaper, example, the camaro LFX v6 makes 240kw, 30kw away from the 270kw that the ss makes, I would say in this case IMPRESSIVE. Still cheaper on fuel, insurance and its got the power.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
$1100 including labour? And you cant just throw cams and a tune in everything else has to be done ie full exhaust etc. That and looking at the MACE fourm the package isnt even finalized yet so how do you have pricing?

Youre not taking everything into account so you claims of it being cheaper and gaining more power and performance are yet to be proven.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Its called exaggeration, everyone does it.

So what you're basically saying is we cant believe anything you type because you just make **** up?