Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interesting tag found in wiring...

Kal.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II Omega Wagon
So while running some wiring for some new speakers I installed yesterday, I found something concerning that I'd like to hear some opinions on or if someones come across something like this before.

IMG_20200517_125253~2.jpg

I fould this label attached to a wire in the loom running under the trim for the front passenger side seat rail. As you can hopefully see (it's really cosy under there) it looks like the wire that this label is attached to is for an airbag for a VE Ute. The problem here is that my car is a wagon...

I've got a million and one questions running through my head right now about this, but the most important things I really want to know are:

Is this normal?
Is this safe?
Are the same airbags used in both wagon's and ute's, and this is just the default label that is attached to all the wiring?

I couldn't determine what airbag this wire actually feeds to because there's a lot going on under this particular section of trim and my back's in bad shape at the moment so I couldn't get into a better position to see what's going on underneath the seat. It would be safe to assume that it's for the front passenger seat, but I can't be sure if it feeds up into it somewhere or continues to the front of the car

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Its for the side airbag in the seat, wouldn't be concerned about it. All seats are made the same except for the ute due to the back rest folding forward

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
I wouldn't be concerned about but interestingly that number comes up as the drivers seat airbag...