Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interia boot lid trim to hide dynamat??

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
hey guys and girls, just finished my sound system in my VY S II and i have dynamatted the front doors and the boot lid. is there some sort of boot trim that i can buy to cover up the dynamat?
was there a factory option for a carpeted boot lid cover to hide the underside of the boot lid?

thanks

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
sure is, just go to your local holden parts centre and they cna order it in, i believe it was a option for the calais if i recall correctly.
should be about $70 i think

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Mint. That helps me too. I was gunna go talk to an appolsterer about making one.

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
awesome thanks guys!! i didnt apply the dynamat myself, i had it done when i got my speakers and amp installed by the pros. my god it makes a difference, spesh for the sub in the back, i highly recomend it. i dont have any pics on my laptop atm but, i did however see how they applied it and it looks very easy. all they did was remove the backing of the dynamat sheets, slap it on the inside of the door/boot lid, and they used a small metal roller to really work the dynamat sheeting into all the groves and contours of the car paneling making sure to push out as much air pockets as possible. it was a really cold day when they were doing it so the used a heat gum to gently soften the sheeting. if you would like some picks just post or PM me your email and il happily send you some picks :) im also making a ride thread soon when i wash my car so there will be tons of pics on there haha.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
awesome thanks guys!! i didnt apply the dynamat myself, i had it done when i got my speakers and amp installed by the pros. my god it makes a difference, spesh for the sub in the back, i highly recomend it. i dont have any pics on my laptop atm but, i did however see how they applied it and it looks very easy. all they did was remove the backing of the dynamat sheets, slap it on the inside of the door/boot lid, and they used a small metal roller to really work the dynamat sheeting into all the groves and contours of the car paneling making sure to push out as much air pockets as possible. it was a really cold day when they were doing it so the used a heat gum to gently soften the sheeting. if you would like some picks just post or PM me your email and il happily send you some picks :) im also making a ride thread soon when i wash my car so there will be tons of pics on there haha.

XD cant wait to see em, email me some at [email protected] :D

im just stuck on how to apply it, like you no on the boot lid how it isnt flat and that, i got a bit confused there on like, do you just put it over the top of all the holes

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
no probs, il take a bunch of pics for you tomorrow arvo and il attach them to an email. (btw, my next car is going to be a subaru STI so im liking your email adress haha)
for the boot lid, there is all the structural suport which is spot welded to the actual boot skin, this has alot of contours and holes, and bumps all over the place. the dynamt sheeting is pretty flexible and will work into all these groves. u really need to work it in, make sure u get as much air bubbles out as possible. place your sheet on the boot lid and just lightly attach it to the metal so that it doesnt fall down when the boot is up. start working it in with a small roller from the centre out. starting from the centre insures minimal air pockets and best coverage.

its pretty simple, just take your time and you will love the end result.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
no probs, il take a bunch of pics for you tomorrow arvo and il attach them to an email. (btw, my next car is going to be a subaru STI so im liking your email adress haha)
for the boot lid, there is all the structural suport which is spot welded to the actual boot skin, this has alot of contours and holes, and bumps all over the place. the dynamt sheeting is pretty flexible and will work into all these groves. u really need to work it in, make sure u get as much air bubbles out as possible. place your sheet on the boot lid and just lightly attach it to the metal so that it doesnt fall down when the boot is up. start working it in with a small roller from the centre out. starting from the centre insures minimal air pockets and best coverage.

its pretty simple, just take your time and you will love the end result.

ok.. i was also thinking of ripping the carpet out on the sides and putting some there aswell, not sure yet, but thanks for the info