Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Blue - Leds?

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
halfway through doing my indicator arrows and the like, blue

Reflector

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS SII
Hey guys, I got a sample bulb from my Speedo Alert in my VS acclaim 96. I notice there's a green sleeve over the bulb rather then a blue bulb itself, another know where to get the lights or the sleeves? And how did you guys do you conversions? Where'd you buy your bulbs?

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
I think you can get the globes from holden but its still going to be the green sleeve. best way to get it blue is to use an LED+resistor, as blue globe sleeves don't do squat.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
also let us know specifically what conversions your wondering about, cheers

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Hey just try ebay mate. I think easy way is t5 led. You might need to solder it in place. Or talk to asr in the sponsors area at the top.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Hey just try ebay mate. I think easy way is t5 led. You might need to solder it in place. Or talk to asr in the sponsors area at the top.

they are actually closer to a 3mm globe

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
You can remove the outer layer of the wedge and still fit it. I have seen many of these type globes fit to some small places.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
yes thats true a 5mm bulb will just fit through

Reflector

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS SII
I think you can get the globes from holden but its still going to be the green sleeve. best way to get it blue is to use an LED+resistor, as blue globe sleeves don't do squat.

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Mate I love that set up! Looks awesome. So to achieve that I need what exactly? What sort of LED and resistor? Sorry if it's self explanatory and I've missed it :bang:

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Mate I love that set up! Looks awesome. So to achieve that I need what exactly? What sort of LED and resistor? Sorry if it's self explanatory and I've missed it :bang:

Hey man, i used a 3mm HIGH BRIGHTNESS led with i think was a 47K ohm resistor, which you will have to hang out the back of the plastic socket bit. Unwrap the wire off the old bulb thats holding it into the socket and thread the LED through. You will end up with 2 legs sticking out. Wrap the negative leg around the socket as it was with the old bulb. Then twist the resistor around the Positive leg and wrap the resistor around the socket.

Also finished doing the blue indicators. Also did the high beam and the PWR mode. :w00t:

Before and After:
BNAA.jpg

PWR and high beam (even though its already blue)
IMG_0565.jpg

Stitched this together. Shows how it slowly changes colour
RGBRGB.jpg

Last edited: