Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior door handles..

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
i just got some chrome interior door handles from a VC SL/E and i want to put them into my VK. :w00t: i cant work out how to get the door handles off of the inside.
ive taken my doortrim off and everything but i cant get the door handle to come off.
on the SL/E you just unhooked the metal wire thing from the door lock and then the door handle slid out, but with my VK you cant unhook it and the door handle itself wont budge..
any help appreciated :)

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Tap the handle softly with a hammer.You'll find it's recessed into the interior door skin.Just like the Bonnet release are in the kick panel.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Sumbody else I think it was vkmadman slapped up a pic of a interior door skin.That may show u wat u need to know otherwise I'll snap u a pic of mine 2morra.Got sum spares doors running around here..

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Maybe u need a picture of how to remove the VK one ?

I havent had a real good look in my book yet, but i know how to remove the exterior door handle, but i'll keep on looking.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Ok here it is... it's in steps if u need a picture, just tell us and ill scan it.

Remote control "handle" & Door Lock.

To remove & install.

1.Remove trim panel , rasie window.
2. Remove the window channel lining from the rear guide channel, remove the screws attaching the guide channel by pulling down.

3. Disengage the remote control handle from the door panel by tapping it forward with a plastic mallet or screwdriver handle so as not to damage the remote control handle. Disconect theremote control rod from the door lock and remove the remote control handle assembly.

4. Disconnect the lock barrel rod at the lock barrel & the exterior handle rod from the door lock.
5. Remove the 3 retaining screws from the door lock, lift and roate the lock clockwise to clear the door reforcing channel.

6. Menoeurve the lock toward the lower work aperture while keeping the connecting rods free & remove the lock assembly from the door.

Installion is the reverse of the removal procedure with attention to the following points:
The snipper rod must be located in the hole on the longer arm.
Check the operation of the dorr lock and handles before rifitting the trim panel.

Note : The connecting rod clips are antirattle clips only are assembled on the rods prior to fitting the rods to the lock mechanism.

^^ Taken from my gregorys VC Book.

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
my VH handle was a mole to get out, it took a fair bit of force and the it needed to be disconnected from the handle once the handle was out hanging, but it definately came out by shoving it forwards...

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
good work man, keepin the old school look...