Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Illumination

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
Can somebody tell me a wire that is easy to access from the front dash that will give 12v when the lights are turned on, a wire that turns on the interior illumination for the controls and stuff.

thanks,
Jase

R

rattattack1313

Wires...

hey bloke...on my sons vn it is a white wire thet goes to the interior light switch... and on my VP there is a switch the cops left in..down along side of the right hand front door, to turn off the interior lights.... i just live at tarragindi, if ya wanna come over and have a look......

Last edited by a moderator:

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
Are you talking dash lights or dome light?

Dash lights are easy - find the wire going into the cigarette lighter light & splice into it.

Dome lamp is a little harder - there are 2 wires, orange, and orange/white going up the middle pillar to the light. Orange is 12V+ constant, and white.orenge (or at the switches just white) is switched to ground to control the light.

CRUSTY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt2 commodore wagon
Interior Lights

Hey another question, if ALL my interior lights dome, glove box & boot lights don't work, where is it likely to have lost the feed? You can still hear the relay cut in but no interior lights at all????

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
The relay is from the door switch activation I would think.
Replaced the fuse for interior illumintaion ?
Number 17 I think

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
CRUSTY said:
Hey another question, if ALL my interior lights dome, glove box & boot lights don't work, where is it likely to have lost the feed? You can still hear the relay cut in but no interior lights at all????
Yes, but check for earth signal from at the BCM as well - as it also controls the switching (and is probably the relay you hear clicking)

CRUSTY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt2 commodore wagon
internal lights

Thanks guys, I'll have a play over easter :rofl: :rofl:

richie_cky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Model
behind the front surround of the VP is additional looms for wireing switches similar to the aircon one...does anyone know if its possible to wire one of the spare looms to 2 neons using another aircon switch?