Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Light Flashses on In Reverse???

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Hey guys, really annoying problem - everytime I shift through "R" eg- from park to drive the interior light will flicker on then off again.

no idea why it's doing this. any ideas would be appreciated lol.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Check your globes ;)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I remember seeing a few post on problems when using LED's for interior lights but cannot remember what they said as I haven't installed them (!). However, as a wild guess I'd say check the earth points to the actual reverse light bulbs and also make sure the metal part of the bulb is very shiny and clean and making good contact. I'd also do a search on this forum as like I say, it's been mentioned before. Good Luck.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I remember seeing a few post on problems when using LED's for interior lights but cannot remember what they said as I haven't installed them (!). However, as a wild guess I'd say check the earth points to the actual reverse light bulbs and also make sure the metal part of the bulb is very shiny and clean and making good contact. I'd also do a search on this forum as like I say, it's been mentioned before. Good Luck.

Ahh it's been mentioned before? I thought it may have had something to do with my interior lighting wiring I've done, but I don't see how that could affect it.. Will check the reverse globes, thanks!