Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light problem.

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Can anybody please tell me how i can get my interior light to come on when i open the doors and then to go out when i close the doors. I have read and re read the the manual and have followed the basic instructions after all how hard can this be. My ride is an SSV mid 07 and it has two interior lights. Two buttons are located at the front next to the light, one button switches the light on and off the other is ment to turn on the door sensor or switch , so as when you open a door the lights will turn on. At the moment all i have managed to do is be able to turn the light on and off, the other switch does nothing. Am i missing something completely here? could it be a fuse perhaps?

Also does the SSv come with a glove box light im sure my Sv6 had one tho i could be wrong.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
With all doors shut, and in a garage or dark area that would trigger auto lights (otherwise unside lamp won't illuminate) and using the drivers door;
*Take the key out of ignition,
*pull door shut.
*Wait a few seconds...
if it doesn't fade out, push the on/off *switch to extinguish the light.
*Then press the door button (other button on light).
*Open and close door.

Should go out after a few seconds. Hope it helps.. If not, hit with hammer :D

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Light sensor on dash prevents interior light coming on during the day.

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Think i will be reaching for the Hammer! Yeah have tried what you guys have said and nothing :( Its only a small matter and can live without it but ..........Its pissing me off.

zarajack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
The interior lights are controlled by a relay in the fuse box.That would be the easiest item to check.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
should just be the button on the roof in between the two reading lights with the picture of the car and the doors open on it, if u press that once it will have no light when doors open then at night with the doors open and light not on press it again and the lights should come back on then that means when u close the doors they will time out after a little bit, if it still dosnt work maby take a terminal off that battery for 30 sec and then back on so everything resets then it might fix it...

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
On VY models, the interior light off timer can be adjusted with a tech2 scantool. I think its set to 30 seconds by default. Ive set my VY one to 5 seconds. Should be the same for VE etc.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just remembered in the ve if u go into the trip screen options there are "lighting options" in there somewhere, might be worth a sus out...