Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light problems

Aaron6.93

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Calais L67
Ok so I have this very strange problem with the interior light of my 03 VY Calais.

Today I was driving along and noticed that my interior light was on. All the doors were closed and the switch was set to "Doors". When I switch the switch to "off" nothing happened. The lights did not turn off. The individual buttons were not pushed in either. When I opened the door the light stayed on and when I closed it and locked the car they were all still on. On the way home whilst driving they were flicking on and of with the bumps in the road.

At home I disconnected the battery to reset everything, I also reset to factory settings in the cluster menu.

Now the lights turn on and off with the doors opening and closing but there is no courtesy time out. When I unlock the car the lights don't come on (they are set to come on for 30 seconds in the computer) they come on when I open the door and turn off immediately after I close it. Also when turning the ignition off the lights should come on for 30 seconds, they don't, only when I open and close the door.

What is happening!?!?

Thanks guys.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
you have to reprogram by using your ignition key or light switch , have a look at your Manuel book.