Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior light sensor/switch

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Does anybody Know where the interior light sensor/switch is located for the drivers door?

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
The interior door light is located on the sunglass holder on the roof, the daylight sensor is located on the dash infront of the centre speaker grill, its a small dome shape. However if there is alot of daylight or light in general the interior light wont come on when the doors are open or when you remove the key from the ignition.

Daniel73

Reaction score
Members Ride
ssv ve
Yeah i know where the interior light and switch is, i think my question may have been just a little missleading. I basically want to know how the interior light knows how to come on when you open the doors? When i open the rear doors the light turns on, and when i open the passenger door the light comes on. however when i open the drivers door it does not turn on. Older model cars use to have a switch in the door jam, that would press in when the door was closed, thus the light would turn off. where is this switch located on the VEs

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Hmm, sounds like there may be a fault, take it to your Holden dealer and get them to fix it, as for the switch im not sure where it is located in the VE's.

jzt4kikz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Statesman 5.0 - Vn 8plus
I know this post is very old, but does anyone have an answer? my ve ss has exactly the same problem. door wiring is in good condition no bends cracks torn..great voltage through the wiring aswell. Just doesn't work but.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Door ajar switch is part of the latch assembly aka door actuator.

If your radio doesnt turn off when you key off and open the drivers door this switch is faulting. Not serviceable on its own, you replace the whole actuator.

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore

Druid Monk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Does anybody Know where the interior light sensor/switch is located for the drivers door?
My stereo would not switch off & light come on when I opened the drivers door. Cause faulty door lock
In NZ it about $500 for a new door lock which includes the interior light & stereo off switch, I tried to spray contact cleaner into the lock which only worked for a few days so I removed the lock as per other posts then stripped the switch down (no springs pop out) There is a tiny limit switch about 10mm long down inside the lock mechanism, I sprayed with CO cleaner then electrical lube reassembled and it has not faulted for over a month

Chaotica69

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Z series
I know this is a super old thread but it may help someone out one day i had a similar problem where the passengers door was open but the light wouldn’t turn on it ended up being a little switch in side the actuator spray some wd40 on it and pushed it in and out a bit and u beauty working again hope this helps

Attachments

• 32AE0CC5-A5FA-4F89-8A4D-506A46627F7E.jpeg
    32AE0CC5-A5FA-4F89-8A4D-506A46627F7E.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 640
  • 5374D561-9AD4-4BB9-B524-37B35B6368BA.jpeg
    5374D561-9AD4-4BB9-B524-37B35B6368BA.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 598